Please help!!! Jailbreak gone horribly wrong, phone wont turn on!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Slack8, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Slack8 macrumors newbie

Hi guys in a bit of a desperate situation here and wouldnt be asking if i hadnt already undergone hours and hours of mind numbing googling!

I have a 3 month old iphone 32gb 3gs running software version 3.1.2, today i tried to jailbreak with pwnage tool 3.1.4 and when i got to the end where you choose your custom file to restore with i got the unknown error 1600 and now my phone wont turn on and the screen remains black. I tried a program called Ireb which apparently fixes the issue but it was extremely confusing and didn't work! When i try to restore with original software i downloaded before jailbreaking itunes tells me "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored it is not eligible for the requested build". Out of desperation i decided to update to 3.1.3 but then after googling i found very mixed results weather this version is jailbreakable so i have paused that download and decided to ask you guys what my best course of action is??

Any help would be seriously greatly appreciated !

Cheers:(:(

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Was it a tethered or untethered JB?
    Did you have your SHSH's saved thru cydia for firmware 3.1.2?
    Good thing you didnt install 3.1.3 cause its not possible to JB it but depending on the situation you're in you might be stuck updating it to official 3.1.3

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Unless you have your SHSH blobs saved with Cydia there is no way for you to jailbreak your iPhone at this time. This is because to jailbreak 3.1.3 you need to have a jailbroken 3.1.2. you had this but it's gone now. And to get back to 3.1.2 you need your SHSH blobs which Apple no longer signs for 3.1.2. That is why the only way you can jailbreak is if you have your SHSH blobs in Cydia and your hosts file has been altered to make iTunes go to Cyida for the blobs rather then Apple. Your best bet is to just get 3.1.3 and have a working iPhone at the least.

4. Slack8 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys thanks heaps for the quick response,

im not sure weather its tethered or untethered sorry mate im not familiar with the lingo?

my understanding of weather or not i have SHSH's saved through cydia is if i chose yes to the "question make my life easier" if this is the case then no because i have not jailbroken this phone before, i did with my last iphone which i jailbroke on 3.0 but i doubt that will help me.

My phone is not yet on 3.1.3 as i have paused the download but im guessing if i cant get it working it will be my only option.

also im using a mac if that makes any difference.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, I see.
    So it was never jailbroken before therefore it doesnt have its shsh's saved thru cydia also.
    Bad news bro but the only thing you can do at the moment is restore to 3.1.3
    With the 3GS Apple will not allow it to restore or downgrade to anything but the latest firmware out. So you wont be able to restore it to 3.1.2 and JB it and also you wont be able to JB it on 3.1.3
    But hang tight and maybe soon we will see a new JB out for 3.1.3

6. Slack8 thread starter macrumors newbie

no worries mate looks im going to have to bite the bullet on this one! Very disappointing the jb makes the iphone about a thousand time more useful! Cheers for your help ill be keeping an eye out for a new jb!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. luvu01 macrumors regular

first of all 3.1.3 cannot be jailbreak. it can jailbreak if you already jailbreak on 3.1.2 and re-jailbreak + update to 3.1.3. but its very complicated. i think you should use try to use redsnow to jk because its much faster and easier