Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
I am only experiencing this problem when I use the Veency app to control my iphone from my desktop...everything will be perfeclty fine for about 10 minutes & then randomly mid usage
the iphone screen will go black and it will exit out of whatever app im in and just as quickly as the screen goes black it quickly comes back on but its on the home screen

i didnt press any particular buttons or anything it does this itself. i also adjusted the auto screen lock and set it to "never" and the problem still exists.

i tried googling "veency black screen" and there seems to be a lot of fixes for this but its mainly for the older version of veency AND other people's black screen issue seems more to do with the fact
that they cant even get the program to work without seeing the black screen. mine works but its just that it only works for about 5-10 min before the black screen comes up .

please help!

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
> Implying AppleCare would help in any way

The screen going black and crashing back to the home screen is a problem with the Veency app. It could be that the app's encountering an error, but I would say that it's a crash due to low memory.

Are you running any heavy winterboard themes or the like?

Even if you're not doing anything that could be sucking up your RAM, try booting into safe mode on your device and seeing if the crashes still occur.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.