Please Help! Konica Minolta 2430DL problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zippster, Feb 2, 2008.

1. zippster macrumors regular

zippster

hey all, desperatly pulling my hair out here, have just bought a konica minolta 2430DL colour laser printer and i cannot print from my mac.

leopard detects it (via bonjour) and i have installed the drivers (downloaded the latest from the KM site) but when i print the print queue stops and will not print anything??

i can connect to the printer and see all the setting via the http web view aswell as via printers&FAX but it just will not print a page?

i can also print config pages etc so i know the printer is actaully printing paper but no jobs from my mbp will spool to it?

HELP??

Thanks in advance

Andy..

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

3. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

zippster

thanks for the reply but im unsure on what to download and use as it mentioned that these are for tiger?

any more ideas?

Thanks again

Andy..

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Konica Minolta's Mac drivers suck badly - we have had both a 5440DL and a 2430 here at work and they were a real pain to get working with an Intel Mac (we originally had the 5440 installed with a PPC-based machine, which was easier). Driver issues are the reason why we're switching to HP - along with the fact that the 2430 didn't last long...

Anyhow - make sure you're using the Intel drivers - the older PPC driver was still shipping with the printers late last year, and I don't know whether that's changed in the interim:

Download and try these drivers (Link takes you straight to the latest Intel driver package)

Once downloaded and installed, open print & fax prefpane and check that it has installed itself correctly. If the printer is showing, click options and the drivers tab, and make sure that the correct driver is selected.

If it is not installed in the prefpane you'll need to add it manually - in our case, I also needed to manually select the correct CUPS driver from the list.

For some odd reason, the system still didn't work for us until I rebooted both printer and Mac.

Good luck!

5. zippster thread starter macrumors regular

zippster

Excellent,Excellent,Excellent!! thanks for your help, im away from home at the moment but will try the drivers in the next couple of days and report back!

thanks again for your help!

Andy.