PLEASE HELP !! late 2009 Macbook troubles

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by djrnno, Jun 18, 2014.

1. djrnno macrumors newbie

OK , I need help PLEASE , My late 2009 13” white macbook # MC207LL/A is in trouble . At first when I powered it up the track pad and the keyboard would not work so I could not put in my password , then when I tried to power it up the LED would come on it would make the first chime and the LED would flash real fast and turn off. Sometimes I could get it to stay on but still track pad and keyboard were not responsive. When I plugged in the charger sometimes I’d get the led on the charger to come on sometimes not. The last time I got the Mac to come on when I released the power button it would power off . Now I get NOTHING will not power on or anything . PLEASE help with any ideas
    Thanks

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Try doing an SMC reset. I am thinking the Logic Board died...

3. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

if that doesn't work, and you have access to a Mac OS X install disc, try booting into the diagnostics by pressing the D key while starting up with the disc inserted. You may or may not be able to get to that point, and if you aren't, I'm afraid your only option is to take it to an Apple authorized service provider (or an actual Apple store if there is one in your area) to run external diagnostics

4. Aperturexs macrumors newbie

That really stinks. I was working on a friend's dead 2009 white MacBook the other day, turns out the logic board died. Anyhow hope for the best that it's not that, or you may have a $300 plus repair coming your way!