PLEASE HELP! Lost all of apple's apps

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
I'm running an iphone 4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Friday via Absinthe 2.0.1

I came home today from work, noticed that half of my apps are gone, EVEN cydia. What is going on?? I've never had this problem before and I've jailbroken every iDevice from iphones to ipads (all generations from both).

Things I've tried to far:
Tried to reboot, still the same.
Tried to do a hard reboot, still the same.
Tried to restore from backup, still nothing.

List of missing apps to name a few:
Camera
App Store
Notes
Contacts
Maps
Mail
Cydia
Calendar

List of apps that were still there:
Photos
Youtube
Clock
Itunes
Videos
Music
Phone
Settings
Safari
Weather
Stocks
Voice Memos
Newstand

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong? I haven't even had the chance to add any cydia apps because there was so much traffic the past couple of days.

Last edited:

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
I remembered the very last thing I downloaded at work today was Words with Friends through the app store, now I don't even have an app store!

Any ideas?

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
All apple apps vanished after I opened cydia for the first time the other day. I didn't set up as a new phone. I restored and set as new and JB. Worked fine and then restored from back up and everything is fine.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Found the problem.

FolderEnhancer is the culprit. It isn't compatible with 5.1.1 or something.

That is all.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
it's working perfect for me and was one of the 1st things I installed after I rejailbroke along with sbsettings.
Weird. It worked fine on my ipad 3rd gen running 5.1.1 too, but not on my iphone 4 on the same firmware.

It was the first thing I installed both times on my iphone 4 (5.1.1) and it made my main apple icons vanish completely from my springboard after installing it. The 2nd time, I was able to remove FolderEnhancer from cydia and the icons went back to normal. If it's not FE, then I have no clue what's causing it to make my icons vanish.....