Please help lost files stellar phoenix

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saladiro, Feb 27, 2011.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

Hi,

I "emptied the trash" on my mac book pro. BIG MISTAKE!. I purchased Stellar Phoenix app.

so, i scanned everything, so far so good, there appear to be a bunch of files that I need back.

However, when I hit the recovery button, it prompts me to choose a location where to reinstate the files. BUTTTT, no matter when i choose to put them, i keep getting the message:

"Source and destination volume are same.
    This will lead to data loss. Please select another location as destination."

no matter what, it wont let me put the files anywhere

PLEase help!!!!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You need to choose an external drive to save them.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What recovery button? Are you using Time Machine to try to restore this application? Did you buy it from the Mac App Store, and if so, have you tried re-downloading it from your purchases tab?

4. niksimpsons macrumors member

niksimpsons

This error saying "Source and destination volume are same" means the drive (hard drive) you are choosing as destination is same as the source drive where you are doing recovery. This message is to suggest user to use external drive as destination drive because choosing same drive as destination chances of data override could be bright. It may possible that after recovered data would override with the data already present in the drive. This again lead to data loss!! To reduce all such chances and providing 100% data this message flashes out.