Please help lost iPhone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by g^3, Aug 11, 2010.

1. g^3 macrumors member

Hi All,

I tried to look through the threads. Is there anyway to locate my lost/stolen iPhone 3gs. I've tried calling it to no avail. Also, the phone is locked so it can't be used to browse around for contact info. Does anyone have any suggestion or am I out of luck? Also when I do call it it does ring for a couple of times so I think it still has battery, but I'm running out of time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Milanbac macrumors newbie

You might be in luck

Hi G^3,

If you have recorded your IMEI (15 digit numbered obtained by enter *#06#) Then they will be able to track your iPhone :) If you also have Location services enabled you could use various tools to locate it. iHound, iLocalis, MobileMe etc. Can be used to track down a lost iPhone. The GPS service enabled in the iPhone could help :apple: Apple easily track down your iPhone. Also, if it has been stolen then if the thief connects to a WIFI network he could also be tracked.

Best of Luck,

Milan

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah good luck getting it back. If noone answers it then it doesn't sound like they want to return it.