Please help! Mac mail PDF

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by emmawilliams10, Jul 7, 2014.

1. emmawilliams10 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I am hoping someone can help me as I would love to fix this issue for my mum.

When she writes an email in her Mac Mail (mavericks) she clicks file and export to PDF and saves it on her desktop.

When opening the file in preview on some pages the bottom and top lines are cut off. Almost like they are out side of the margins. (Document has to be 3/4 pages long)

I tried it on my Mac and had exactly the same problem.

Apple had no idea! If anyone could help it would be truly appreciated.

Update:
    I have tried changing the layout setting in "File Print" I changed to landscape, then changed the paper size and still it's getting cut off. I would really like to help my Mum with this and have spent hours trying to fix this. It also happens on my mac, you have to have a few pages of type, try it yourself just type three lines and copy and paste until you have at least 3 pages.

I've attached a screenshot of the exported PDF.

Attached Files:

2. Dags macrumors newbie

Had the same issue

My wife ran into the same issue. I unfortunately was unable to fix it on her old computer. We used http://www.emailexporter.com to convert her emails to pdf when she wanted to back them up. It wasn't ideal, but it was easy and it did keep me from having to use my computer to back everything up for her.

I don't know why the problem occurred, but we don't have the issue with her new computer at all.