PLEASE HELP! Macbook Display Problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ktbubster, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Ok...

I already did a thread on this, but I am purchasing replacement parts and i need to make sure I at least buy a FEW of the correct parts .. or something that might help. I figure I can try a few and return what I don't need or resell.

Anyway. I took apart my macbook after some case mods. It's a 2.0 C2D white macbook. When I put it back together the display stopped working. The computer works but the display doesn't. When I hit the powerbutton on the laptop the display will flicker very dimly with a white light flicker and then go back to being completely black.

Possible problems could be with any of the connectors from the LCD to the Logic board or the inverter board etc. Perhaps the display data cable? Which are the most fragile and most likely to break?

What does this sound like? I know everything is connected correctly, but maybe I twisted or bent or broke a wire or stretched something. What does this sound like? it is able to flicker with a white light, but I dunno if that means anything. The LCD is in good condition clearly, so it must be a connector or board... did this ever happen to anyone who maybe did a repair or they know someone who fixes or takes apart macbooks and might know?

ANY help is appreciated.

Even if someone knows a good place to send it or ask for help. How much would just figuring out the problem cost? If I knew what I had to replace I could do it.

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Shine a flashlight on the display and see if the display itself still works. It could just be the backlight.

3. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

No.. the display itself isn't working at the moment. I know it does work.. but it has to be in the wires i think It's not the backlight :(

4. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Anyone at all have any suggestions? :( does anyone know how to test to see what wires need replacing maybe?

5. rbl2cox.net macrumors newbie

Did you ever get any help with this? I am currently having the same problem

6. rbl2cox.net macrumors newbie

I think I'm all set. I hooked up an external display and it worked fine and then, out of the blue about four days after installing the display, it mysteriously began working.