Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.Kushington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
I recently bought a Macbook Pro (mid 2009) from one of my friends and he had wiped EVERYTHING from the computer, drivers and all, he didn't save anything. So when I had received it and turned it on it was at a white screen. I took it to a buddy of mine and he did not have any Mac OS at the time, I had gotten one from another friend but when I put it in, its just a book camp and actually has no OS on it. So my buddy has installed Windows black XP 6 Ultimate for the time being but I cant even connect to the Internet or anything. What I am wondering is how can I get it back to the original lion OS without the disc and no internet connection to the laptop itself? :confused::confused::confused:

I do know now I can switch back and forward from the XP and Lion, but when I click the "boot camp control panel" to select what system to start up the computer it only has windows... CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP..

Nov 28, 2010
located
You need to buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard via the Apple Online Store, install it*, update via Software Update to the latest version (10.6.8), the open the Mac App Store (MAS) and create an account and buy Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, download it, back up the installer**, install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and you are good to go.

* To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:
** Make An OS X Lion Boot Disc

J.Kushington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
Do I really have to buy those, no where I can just download them at?
and I can do all of this while using my windows xp?
and I still have no internet connection on my macbook...

Nov 28, 2010
located
Do I really have to buy those, no where I can just download them at?
You don't NEED to, but we will not help you pirate software costing 60 USD.

and I can do all of this while using my windows xp?
It depends, if the Mac OS X partition is still there, even if empty.

and I still have no internet connection on my macbook...
Maybe download the Boot Camp drivers from Apple and install them to get drivers for your network interfaces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.