Please help! Macbook screen stretched out!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KekelaNikol, May 29, 2007.

1. KekelaNikol macrumors newbie

My macbook is only about 5 months old, and recently my husband and I downloaded a season of Lost through iTunes. We bought the Mini DVI to Video cable so that we could watch the shows on our TV. When you plug the cable into the macbook, the screen stretches out, but as soon as you unplug it, it usually returns to normal. The problem is that when I unplugged the cable over the weekend, my screen didn't return to normal - it stayed stretched out. I've tried restarting my computer, and that didn't work. Does anyone know how to make my screen return to normal?? It's driving me crazy! Thanks!

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Have you tried detecting the display and setting the native resolution in the Display preferences?

4. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

When you connect to a separate screen, your Macbook screen changes its resolution to match as closely as possible the necessary one for the display (assuming you're mirroring it). To get it back you need to go to 'Display' on system preferences and select the highest resolution on the list ( I'm assuming that the highest is the norm, it is on both mine!). After doing that your screen might go blue for a second and should revert back to normal.

Do tell if it works :D .

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Go to System Preferences/Display and see what the resolution is set to.