Please Help - Macbook won't start up, blank screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LilMissSunshine, Mar 16, 2009.

1. LilMissSunshine macrumors newbie

So my macbook was almost dead on power when I shut it down. I couldn't charge it because I was on a plane. Anyway, I plugged it in recently and tried starting it up, it makes the start up sound but won't get passed a blank white screen.

Is there anyway to fix this? I've heard reinstalling the startup cd might work, but will I lose my files on it? All the pictures of my dog that just passed away on it, and I don't want to lose these. :( I just got the right cds to back them up and was going to.

Any help at all?? :(

I bought this macbook about 2 years ago, and have the 3yr protection plan, so I can bring it in, but prefer not to if its something easy to fix.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I presume you gave it some time to re-charge? It might need a half hour to get enough power to get started.

3. qacjared macrumors regular

take the battery out for like 10 secs. That usually fixes it for me.

4. LilMissSunshine thread starter macrumors newbie

It still wasn't working after leaving it for a while so I brought it to Apple. They said it was the hard drive. They tried to transfer my data, and they guy actually told me they got lucky and they did. Then he left and another guy was like yeah we thought it was... but then it didn't. So everything was lost. :( :( :(

I luckily have some vids I saved on youtube, about 150 pictures online, and I have a lot of cds at home. Also my favorite pics were printed, and I plan on scanning them with a service (so they're higher quality)....

I only lost one of my really favorite pictures. I'm really just mad that I lost a couple of vids. I think I may have them saved some where though, I have to look.

The stupid thing is I had to cds to backup my pictures, and even put all the pics to be transferred into a folder. I just never actually did it.

Let it be a lesson I guess... :(