Please help...MacRAR

ronald2009mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Dear All,

I have downloaded a .rar file and i just couldnt open it. I tried downloading MacRAR but I just couldnt install it...Ive got different/separate errors: 1. rar was Unix file, cant run it, 2. "unable to expand "MacRAR 2.5.1 f .sit" - Stuffit archives are not supported"...Please, I need your help.

By the way, Im using Macbook Pro.

Thanks a lot.

Ronald

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
If I remember correctly, that program doesn't seem to allow for passwords--I believe I used either Split & Concat or MacPar deLuxe for this as it allows for password authentication. I don't have any password protected rar files so I can't be sure which one I used.

Comment

ronald2009mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Or you could just use StuffIt
Thanks mate but just dont have those gadgets right now...I need to really figure out how to solve this problem coz i'll be using my macbook pro from this time on...this is my first time to see and use .rar file...Please circulate it to your friends if you dont mind.

Thanks

Comment

RandomKamikaze

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Thanks mate but just dont have those gadgets right now...I need to really figure out how to solve this problem coz i'll be using my macbook pro from this time on...this is my first time to see and use .rar file...Please circulate it to your friends if you dont mind.

Thanks
I don't understand.

A .sit file is an archive created by StuffIt Expander. It can be decompressed by using StuffIt Expander

If you are saying it is a different sort of file, try The Unarchiver, UnRARx or ZiPEG.

If the archive is password protected and you don't know the password you can either try cracking it or take the more legal alternative of asking the creator of the archive the password

Comment

ronald2009mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
how to watch .rar file movie on macbook pro

I have a copy of a movie in .rar format.. I have downloaded UnRarX which is suppose to unpack the file however it requires password. Any advice from anyone what shall shall I do next?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
I have a copy of a movie in .rar format.. I have downloaded UnRarX which is suppose to unpack the file however it requires password. Any advice from anyone what shall shall I do next?

Thanks a lot.
get the password or stop downloading video files in rar archives since they in 99% of the time is fake files. and requires passwords.

Comment