please help me. apps don't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frustrated, Jul 11, 2008.

1. frustrated macrumors newbie

i upgraded to 2.0 this afternoon. all of my apps show on my phone, but none of them work. what's going on and how do i fix this??

2. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

have you tried deleting them from your phone and resyncing?

3. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Delete them, then redownload them. This should fix the error. You will not have to pay twice for an app either, so if you delete one, you can redownload or free.

4. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Same problem with original iPhone. All applications from App Store (including Apple Remote) quit after launching. Deleting and reinstalling has same results. :(

On the plus side, I finally got 2.0 firmware installed and push MobileMe activated.

5. frustrated thread starter macrumors newbie

still doesn't work

i deleted the apps from my phone and deleted from the apps folder. then i downloaded those again and resynced without new results. when i touch an app, it opens for a sec or two then closes. none of them are working! thanks for your replies, but do you have any other suggestions?

6. jviphone macrumors member

Not working for me either, I got the phone activated it and installed apps all day long before I got home, after i got home I restored from my backup on my itunes. After it was finished I saw all my apps were still there, I tapped on one it opens then closes immediately back to the home screen. I wonder if there is an issue with the new 2.0 that itunez loads. Please post a fix if you find one.

Thanks,
    Jason

7. alphajerk macrumors member

Mine started doing this. I turned it off and then on and all apps started working again.

8. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

Make sure your phone is not plugged into anything when launching apps. Unplug it, power it off then back on and attempt to re launch.

HTH

9. frustrated thread starter macrumors newbie

epocrates, an app that i was so looking forward to and was willing to pay $ for, is one of the free apps that i downloaded. i'm afraid to pay for an app for the fear that i won't be able to use them. turning the phone off, then restarting did not work for mine. anything else i can do to 'make it work'?

10. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

Hard reset. Home and power until the apple logo appears.

11. frustrated thread starter macrumors newbie

hard reset did not work. tried that several times. thanks though...

12. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

13. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

It may due to the fact that some iPhones are only partially activated. Apparently iTunes is not connecting with the server to authenticate the account and validate registration of software.

Attached Files:

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Apparently a problem with iTunes 7.7.

Go to the Store pulldown in iTunes, and authorize your computer.

Then delete the apps and resync.

15. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Back in action!

Just a follow-up note to let you know things are working on my 1st gen iPhone. When taken to the default iTunes screen and asked if I wanted to restore from a back up, I selected the other option which is to activate as new phone.

Some preferences, notes, web apps on my home screen, favorite phone list, recent call history, bookmarked YouTube videos and other details were lost but important data still on my Mac was transferred once appropriate sync options were selected. Perhaps such would have remained in tact had I not performed a hard reset (2-hr) before setting up as a new phone. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.