please help me choose

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thegrandbanana, Dec 20, 2012.

1. thegrandbanana macrumors newbie

which mbp is right for me?

Usage: I will run Adobe CS6: at least one adobe program up at a time while running multiple browser tabs and music, and saving many PSD docs, as well as Word and Pic docs... Along with much design work, I am a writer (Pages vs Word???)

Space: I'm not opposed to the regular use of an external hard drive. I plan to get SSD.

Display: My only concern is that the 13" might feel too "crammed" when doing design work. I stare at my computer screen for 6-8 hours at a time and am considering if larger screen/retina will have less strain on my eyes over the course of the next 3-4 years.

Other concerns: I've read that the retinas are non-repairable and worried about damage meaning replacement... If I am going to spend the money, would an extra $400-$500 pay off for a bigger screen, better/faster performance... And do I really need a 15" retina w/ quadcore for not-so-extreme design work and to run adobe software and save lots of files? Or is that for serious professionals who need max performance? Also, worried about it being 1st gen.

Basically, will a 13" mbp be sufficient for my needs (Adobe programs with good speed) or do I need a 15" to be happy/less frustrated in the long-run?

Thank you so much in advance.

2. De5 macrumors member