Please Help Me Complete My Office Setup for My MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmFightSpam, Jan 17, 2008.

1. jmFightSpam macrumors regular

Hi all,

OK, here is what I am in the market for:

1. Bluetooth Keyboard
    2. Bluetooth Mouse (preferrably rechargeable)
    3. External LCD Monitor, DVI (20-24 inch, preferrably 24)

I am looking to spend around or under $600, if possible.

I have a MacBook Pro, 15", 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. It is my primary computer. I run both OS X and Vista (via Bootcamp). I have been running Vista much more lately for business purposes.

Basically, I am looking for a setup for when I am sitting at my desk (as opposed to on the couch, for example, where I use my Rain Design iLap).

I am not opposed to having a wired keyboard or mouse either, but I thought bluetooth would save me the hassle of having to plug those in every time I sat down to my desk, in addition to the monitor and power plug.

Thanks.

2. errol macrumors 6502

errol

1. The new Apple bluetooth keyboard if you don't need the number pad/home/end/insert keys, or the old one if you do.

2. The microsoft bluetooth 8000 (non-presenter mouse). IMHO, the apple mighty mouse is trash and I can't stand the nipple.

3. Acer 24" monitor w/ HDMI - Great monitor, brand new, has HDMI and it's cheap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125

By my count that's roughly $500, maybe a bit more depending on what kind of shipping and taxes you get nailed for.

3. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i saw a really nice external monitor on amazon that looks almost like an imac. just with the black part. I think it was an hp, 22"

4. jmFightSpam thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks errol. A couple of questions. The link to the monitor you sent me didn't mention anything about HDMI...just DVI? Is it just not mentioned? And, what are the primary differences between the old wireless keyboard and new wireless keyboard, besides the keys?

5. errol macrumors 6502

errol

It has HDMI... click on the specifications tab. 2ms monitor! Great price and brand :D can't go wrong.

Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
    Connectors D-Sub, DVI
    D-Sub 1
    DVI 1
    HDMI 1

Yea, just the look and feel of the keyboard. The new one is abviously more aesthetically pleasing and is "thinner." But the old one has the extended keys that some require (I need them because I'm an accountant)

6. jmFightSpam thread starter macrumors regular

Great! Thanks a lot!

Btw, can you give me the model number for the old Apple wireless keyboard?

And, do you think a 24 inch monitor would be too big if I am only sitting 1.5 - 2 feet away from it? If so, any thoughts on a 20 inch monitor?