OK guys, this year has presented some interesting challenges, as we all know, especially for those of us who were already on the IUP program from last year. Help me decide which route I should take this year, please. Here's my story: I currently own a 6s Plus Rose Gold 128GB. I love the rose gold but I want a black bezel this year. At the time preorders opened on Friday, there were ZERO black phones available for reservation for the upgrade in my entire state. So I grabbed my only option, a rose gold 7 plus 128GB. That's what I have reserved for 8:30am Friday morning, but it's not the phone I want. I went to bed pissed off, and got up 15 minutes later deciding to just order a phone outright at full price. I ordered a black 7 Plus, but by that time ship dates had slipped to Oct 4 - 10. (I should have just done this first). So now I have a reservation for a phone I don't want, and an order for a phone I do want coming in a few weeks. I'm currently on the IUP program with my 6s Plus. So help me decide - these are my choices: 1. Show up for my reservation at 8:30am on Friday morning and hope they will swap the rose gold I have reserved for black. This is best case scenario. If this happens, go through with the trade-in and renew the IUP as originally planned, and cancel the order for the black phone. If they don't have a black phone to swap, I'll leave with nothing, since the black phone I have on order may not be here before the 14 day return period on the rose gold expires. Of course, if they CAN swap it out for black, I could also just buy it outright and not deal with whether or not they will improve the experience for existing IUP members next year, and pay off the remaining balance on my 6s Plus and sell it on Swappa. If #1 above doesn't work out, when the black 7 arrives, I have a couple of options: 1. Take the black phone I purchased at full price into an Apple store, return it, and rebuy under the IUP program, and trade in my existing 6s Plus, and continue with the IUP program, and hope they improve the process for next year. 2. Pay off the balance of my existing 6s Plus and sell it on Swappa, keep the black phone I purchased at full price, and say sayonara to the IUP altogether. I'm hesitant to renew the IUP after the fiasco this year for existing members (note I had zero issues starting the IUP last year - it was completely painless for me). Am I missing any pros or cons to either option? Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any input! tl;dr - Will pre-orders for existing IUP members suck again next year? Should I buy a phone outright this year and pay off and sell my 6s Plus, or should I trade in and renew on IUP?