please help me downgrade my Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sleepyyellow, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sleepyyellow macrumors regular

hey,

i know there might be a million posts about this but im so frustrated i cant stand google searching and searching this board any longer.

i keep getting the same problem like almost every freaking Airport Extreme user with the airport disk that it keeps disconnecting. i hard if downgrade to 7.4.1 itll be better.
    so i searched and searched found that when i press option and go on check for update in airport utility i get all the previous firmwares so i downloaded 7.4.1 7.4.0 etc but nothing happens, so i figured it just downloads them but where if ipress on upload firmware and even option upload firmware it just shows me the finder window.
    i read some where it should show me all the downloaded firmwares can somebody please help me, please dont tell me to use the search i used it and there are millions of threads about the problem but no way to download apple support gives me AWD crap which i dont get.
    i tried google searching to download the 7.4.1 firmware all i get is links to the newest one, which i dont need.

thanks alot of somebody could help

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I was having the exact same problem for a while until last night. I fixed it by going into my Keychain Access, and then on the System section, make sure all the Time Machine Passwords are the same. For me, that's what made it work again.

3. skorpien macrumors 68020

Depending on your version of the AirPort Extreme, it may not be possible. If it is a newer model that came with firmware 7.5 out of the box, you cannot downgrade to 7.4.x

4. sleepyyellow thread starter macrumors regular

ya it came with 7.5 oh ok, so that makes sense then. thanks a million