Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
So, I'm in some need of serious help because this whole situation is driving me crazy.

Basically, I bought this domain (to have as a project for the time being) and a friend of mine has a server so she offered to host it at the moment. I registered through Yahoo only because it looked reliable and easy, which is was. However, for some reason I am STILL seeing Yahoo's default page that they put on your index until you get started "building your domain." Problem is, Yahoo isn't my host obviously and I've already changed my name servers AND uploaded an index page. Why is this happening? Do I need to change something else?

Oh, and one more thing. For whatever reason, NOW when I go to my domain, it doesn't load. It's just constantly "loading" and I don't see anything.

I'm really desperate and I'm looking for anyone that could possibly know what's going on because I don't know what to do to fix anything or who to ask for help.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
It can take up to 24 hours for DNS changes to propagate. How long ago did you change the name server?

Are you sure your friends server is setup correctly and that you put the index.html file in the correct directory?

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
I changed everything 2 days ago, and when I just tried looking at it now - it finally fixed. I guess it was an issue of domain propagation. :) I just didn't think it would take that long. Thanks so much for the replies. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.