Please help me find a calendar

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Drag'nGT, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Drag'nGT, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015

Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I seem to be having the hardest time finding a calendar that can fit my needs. The most important thing is I need a calendar that can set loud annoying alerts (more like an alarm) for certain events. And I'd really like them to repeat if I miss it. So far, no calendar I have tried can do this. Also, I have a subscribed calendar at work that tells me of meetings and events throughout the department. Some of them I want to be alerted about and yet I'm not able to do this with a subscribed calendar. Is this everyone's experience?

These are my two needs. I really need a better set of alerts because the ones I got this morning for my doctors apt were pretty pathetic and not alarming at all. Barely more noise than I get from a new email alert.

Thank you all for any help you can give me.

2. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

Basic question, but do you have your volume turned up? Assuming you do.

I currently use Fantastical. I feel the alerts have a decent volume to them....sometimes have to turn phone down. Does give options to add different alerts.

I do have a subscribed calendar as well. I will have to check on the alerts for that, but do believe it has them. It's been a while since I set everything up so would have to take a look at the settings since they are where I like them to be currently.

Perhaps you can try it or check it out to see if it fits your needs.

3. Drag'nGT thread starter macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I got a referral to look at this app CalAlarm 2 ( http://devart.nl/calendaralarm/index.html )

I have spent the last week looking at many calendar apps. But I never looked at Fantastical (too much money for a shot in the dark). All of them have issues with the alerts. And some, like Sunrise, doesnt support subscribed calendars. A shame really since I really like Sunrise.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean by subscribed calendars?

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I have tried them all. I come back to Informant every time. It has everything you could need in a calendar. Well worth the price.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I believe the OP means, in google, you can subscribe to sport calendars that show your teams schedule, same for holidays etc....

7. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

Calendar Disappeared > 31 Dec 2014

I tried to add an event to my calendar.app this morning and find that no events are seen at all from previous postings nor can I add an event. The calendar was working perfectly well as of 26 Dec, so what happened? I have not found any items that would restore my old calendar - not even from the time machine. Suggestions. :confused:

8. Drag'nGT thread starter macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I subscribe to calendars from work that are iCal calendar ready but some calendars, like Sunrise, don't support that function. Some don't support Microsoft Exchange calendars either. Most offer a calendar subscription to things like college football team games, US holidays etc...

----------

Ummm... Pocket Informant? http://appshopper.com/productivity/pocket-informant-hd-calendar-tasks
    Does it allow you to customize the alert tone and repeat the calendar alert more than just once? Thanks!

9. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Take a look at MiCal [ http://mical.mobi/en ].

You can set two alarms per event (not a true repeating alarm like it keeps buzzing until you acknowledge it)

I believe you can edit individual events on shared calendars to add/delete notifications.

10. Readdlemate macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Hey there!

You can try Calendars app https://itunes.apple.com/app/calendars-by-readdle-sync/id608834326?mt=8 (free version of Calendars 5)

This app allows using one reminder per event, but actually you can see how it works for you. With full version you can add 5 reminders.

Best regards,
    Your Readdle team

11. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

iMAC Calendar

I would like to have multiple calendars, for appointments plus a calendar to use solely for social events, plus one for whatever, without having all the data entered on all these calendars no matter which one I add the appointment. At present, any event I add to one calendar is replicated on all the calendars thus defeating my desire to set up a calendar by function (i.e., medical appointments, social Calendar, work related events, etc). Any advice appreciated. The help feature doesn't seem to address this issue nor a printed manual that I have on hand. :(

12. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

Fantastical 2 does exactly what you are looking for plus there is a Mac version they recently released I believe. I use it for my phone. I have a personal, work, and school calendar. Keeps it all separate.

13. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Wow, please stop recommending Fantastical. It's the worst calendar app in the store. The views suck. I have no idea why there is such a fascination with this app.

14. Daysight macrumors regular

Best of the bunch for me. Easiest interface for managing appointments and tasks among all the leading apps I've tried. Mileage varies.

15. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

.....ok sorry. Had you mentioned "other than Fantasical" I would have stayed away from it. I was just going off of what you needed and the fact that I have nothing but positive experiences with it.

I have tried other calendars but have always come back to this one.

Perhaps try Calendars 5 then, it has some of the same functionality and if I remember correctly it still does what you are looking for.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think that was one of the users asking for calendar recommendations.

17. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

Yeah I saw that after I posted it. Didn't pay attention to who had responded to me. Oh well my mistake.