Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dilgit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
I'm in London for a few days visit but can't find an iphone 4. Apple stores don't have them in stock and I'm leaving London on Tuesday. I'm desperate to buy one iphone 4. Can someone here help me find a store that stocks them right now? Thanks!!!

dilgit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
I'm a tourist, so I'm looking for a simfree - no contract iPhone 4. Do you think curry's are stocking them?

applebook

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2009
Try Craigslist. Make sure that it is unlocked and comes with a receipt though.

yuanmoons

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I'm in London for a few days visit but can't find an iphone 4. Apple stores don't have them in stock and I'm leaving London on Tuesday. I'm desperate to buy one iphone 4. Can someone here help me find a store that stocks them right now? Thanks!!!

The first day i tried to get one a couple of weeks ago i was at Regent St store at 8am and there was a massive queue of people - MULES buying and reselling - so they were sold out that day. I walked down to Covent Garden and it was worse.

The next day i went to Brent Cross Apple store at 830am. The doors opened a 930am and i managed to get in the MULE QUEUE. I was around the 80th person of 100 to get an iphone. I was probably only 1 of 2-3 out of the queue that actually wanted the phone for personal use.

So you could chance it at Brent Cross but there are no guarantees of stock or beating the mules. Good luck.

Actually, one of the mules might sell you theirs for 50-100 quid premium.

urbanleopard

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
London, UK

All the iStores - Regent St, Covent Garden, Westfield - expect daily consignments of SIM free stock, but it shifts very quickly to swarthy men in leather jackets, mules buying for principals in distant lands where IP4 has not yet been released.

So, get up VERY early Monday and head to Westfield, probably less chaotic than the more central locations. Good luck, and don't hold it too tight in your left hand.

applebook

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2009
From a quick search on London's Cragslist, I can see that there is a seller offering unlocked 16Gb for £450 and 32Gb for £550. He says that he has 20 units.

This is cheaper than buying from Apple.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.