Please help me find my MBP!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gusterfan, May 26, 2010.

1. gusterfan macrumors newbie

I recently brought my mid-2008 MBP in for service (failing 8600M GT). they said they would replace it and I should have it back in 5-7 days. I'm currently on day 6, and when I went to apple's "check my repair status" website and entered in my information, it said "Sorry, no repair found." After re-entering the same information several times, I'm coming here to see if it's time to panic. Should I call apple support? Should I hunt down the man I handed my computer to? Or am I overreacting too soon? Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? Thanks for any advice, and if there's a better location for this thread please let me know.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I'd try ta contact Apple and find out where the machine is. I hope it doesn't get lost like my iMac. It went all the way up the friggin' country and back before they mananged ta get a hold of it:rolleyes:

3. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

4. Lola M macrumors member

If you dont receive a valid status in several days, DEMAND to talk to a supervisor.

5. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You mean the chinese guy next to the indian guy you first talked with? :D I've lost my fate to "supervisors" and "managers". In the end, they don't differ from the other techs and in some cases, they aren't even supervisors even though they say they are. I don't think there is need to speak with higher than first tier, they can all check where the Mac is and then put you to supervisor if needed. It's only worth it if you're not happy with the service e.g. if they say your Mac doesn't need repair even though you think it does

Just my opinion

7. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Working for a tech support call centre I'd say that is a fairly spot on (apart from the Indian/Chinese bit in my case lol). When it comes for checking on updates for repairs the majority of 1st tier agents know the systems far better than supervisors and will be able to get the info quicker.

8. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

+1 and also +1 to Hellhammer's post. When I worked in a call center, I'd often take escalation calls from someone sitting beside me, and I'd tell the customer I was a manager, even though I was only a level 1 agent at the time.