PLEASE Help Me Fix My Battery Problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simm0nS777, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

I will try anything!!

I have a 3GS that I've had for about a year. I always had great battery performance. I recently jailbroke for the first time with jailbreakme.com. The battery just started draining like crazy. The battery should be even better since I installed SBsettings and now turn off wifi/3g when I dont use them where as before they were always on. I'll surf macrumors for 10 minutes and lose 5%. Standby overnight will lose 10%. Its really irritating having to constantly charge. I did a full restore and rejailbroke and still had the issue.

I hate the following installed:

Cydia
    MyWi
    SB Settings
    Infinidock
    BiteSMS

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I really want to get to the bottom of this!!!

2. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

There are a few threads already talking abou this. People have done a number of tests. To my knowledge nobody really know what's going on. I have the same issue. Over night I lose 10% of battery with 40 min of usage. I'm obviously sleeping so I'm not sure what's going on either.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm not totally sure, since I'm still doing tests, but I think it is the latest mobilesubstrate update from Cydia (this thread is in the wrong forum, BTW). I had thought it was Winterboard and then infinidock, but after deleting both, I was still losing 3-5% an hour doing nothing. So, far it is more like 1% an hour with the previous mobilesubstrate.