Please Help Me, G5 Broken!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by rph105, Aug 3, 2008.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Hey Everyone,

I just installed the software updates today (been meaning to do it for a while now), new itunes, new garageband, new osx update.

After it prompted to restart the grey apple screen came up with the logo and a bunch of code, and keeps telling me to restart. Everytime I restart it does this over and over again.

Screenshot below

Any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

Raph

Attached Files:

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

that looks like a hardware issue. It probably coincided with restarting your computer which can put your computer's bits and pieces through their paces.

3. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Have to tied to boot from the Leopard Install DVD? Do that and repair permissions. Also try and hold down CMD + OPT + P + R when you boot.

4. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Reboot from the OSX CD (hold down C key while computer starts) and re-install the OS. Looks like something got badly corrupted. You can try running the Disk Utility before reinstalling the OS, but, I doubt that will fix it.

5. mpw Guest

I had a similar issue after an upgrade on a G3 years ago, in the end I did nothing, restarted a few times (10+ getting frantic) and then it 'just worked' ii=:!!:=ii

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Being a little less painful, an Archive & Install is always worth a try before an Erase and Install.

7. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

Hi everyone thanks for the tips, wil; ltry them all now. I've got my tme machine hooked up so I'm not worried to much about data.

8. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

If you've got a DiskWarrior CD onhand, boot from that and repair your disk :)

9. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Ive seen panics like that when trying to boot my intel Tiger dvds on my girlfriends G4. I think they update borked your install. You are probably safe if you just reinstall.

10. Hrududu macrumors 68010

Hrududu

If doing the software stuff doesn't help it looks like either bad RAM or a bad processor... I would recommend pulling RAM and seeing if you can track down the problem that way.

11. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

thanks everyone, held down C while I had my g5 boot disk in, reinstalled back to panther lol, going back to leopard in a bit.

Thanks again guys

Much Appreciated!