Please help me get my macbook online!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jhonnybravo32, Nov 3, 2008.

1. jhonnybravo32 macrumors newbie

So I just got back from the mac store and where they reinstalled os x and cleaned out my memory to leave me with a blank mac but a mac that works none the less. I took it home and clicked on the home network I always go on through my wireless airport. It just says "there is an error connecting to" my network, Please help me.

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

3. jhonnybravo32 thread starter macrumors newbie

actually there is no password. I usually log right in. I do know that the so called "genius" at the mac store gave me the airport extreme 2008-002 update. I really think that is why my airport is not working but I cant fix it. thanks for your help.

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Is Airport turned on, on the mac?

Does your airport have mac address filtering? Is it broadcasting SSID?

Was the Airport reset? (maybe you gave it a new SSID, and it reverted back, so your mac can't *see* it now)

There is usually a reason, I would first check those. Beyond that, I cannot think of an easily fixable problem that could have come up.

5. cricketbird macrumors member

Reset the airport

This will fix most airport weirdness - hold down the reset button on your airport (the little teeny one that you have to use a paper clip / pen point to press). Hold it down for 10 seconds until the light flashes rapidly. That will reset the airport. Then, open up Applications > Utilities > Airport Utility and follow the instructions there to re-set up your network.

6. jhonnybravo32 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jhonnybravo32 thread starter macrumors newbie

where exactly is this tiny airport reset button. I have a the white plastic type macbook,

8. jhonnybravo32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just connect to a router. And its always worked. I just click the name of our router or whatever and it goes on.. Now it dosent. Is the reset airport button on my macbook?

9. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

No. It is on the back of the Airport.