iPhone Please help me get my Singal Back!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by angelundrground, Sep 22, 2012.

1. angelundrground macrumors newbie

So here's the stats:
    Brand new Iphone 3gs(not refurbished)
    Came from iphone store factory unlocked already
    New boot rom
    on 5.1.1
    version 5.16.05

When I got the phone I went through the set up screens,bypassed them by doing the emergancy call trick. When I got to the main screen I inserted my TMOBILE sim card and phone worked fine. I then jailbroke it.All good so far.

Then after a week,the phone started acting weird so I turned it on then off.Problem,It's now searching for a signal when I have the sim in.The wifi has always been fine.

I tried installing ultrasn0w fixer and then ultrasn0w to fix it,no dice. 3g has almost always been off.Tried turning on and off airplane mode.Still no go.

Please help me get this to work again!! I've read some people saying you can't do it on this baseband but I know for a fact it does.Worked on 2 iphones I got from them unlocked.

Please Help!!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you are factory unlocked you don't need ultrasn0w or Ultrasn0w fixer uninstall then ASAP.

3. angelundrground thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok,
    uninstalled ultrasn0w and the fixer.It resprung and now instead of searching it says no service. I reboot the phone again,turned location services off/on,3g has always been off.Turned on airplane mode,it went to searching,turned of AP mode and went back to no service.

Any ideas??

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

try popping your sim out and back in. Why would you think you need ultrasn0w if your Factory Unlocked?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Or try your sim in another phone to see if it is good.

6. angelundrground thread starter macrumors newbie

Popped the sim in and out several times but still no go. :(

The sim definatly works.I've been using it in another phone.Happen's to be a tmobile.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

gotta ask how do you know your factory unlocked go to this site and put you IEMI in and check your sim status http://iphoneox.com/

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I agree, if the sim is good, the phone is not IMEI unlocked or the sim slot has an hardware issue.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

put it in DFU and restore as NEW.

You should get the unlocked screen on iTunes after the restore, if you didn't see it then the iPhone is not factory unlocked. You don't need to be jb or use ultrasn0w on a device that is already officially unlocked. IF it really is factory unlocked then is just a matter of putting the SIM in the phone. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to recognize a SIM card the first time/