Please help me get rid of guest user

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ish, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Hi, I'm hoping you can help. I'm trying to get rid of a guest who has outstayed his welcome.

I've logged into the account and selected the delete files log out. I've gone into Users & Groups and unselected "Show fast user switching menu as" and restarted the computer. Twice! :( Still the minus button is greyed out. I've tried Apple Support pages but they're better at telling you how to do something than to undo it.:confused:

2. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

Are you trying to delete the guest account from the guest account? Do it from another account, one with administrative permissions. Don't forget to click the lock and enter your password to make any changes.

3. Ish thread starter macrumors 68000

Ish

Thanks, but no. I'm trying to do it from my admin account and I unlocked to make changes to the user switching. I should have said I went into the account to log it out, sorry.

4. Ish thread starter macrumors 68000

Ish

One of the reasons I'm asking is that I created the account for a Spanish friend who needed it to fill out some forms. Now some things in Google turn to Spanish on occasion, Google Translate opens with the languages I use then immediately clicks over to insert a Spanish option in place of one of the ones I want and the whole thing is driving me potty!

I thought opening a guest account would sandbox that user's actions? When I logged out I logged out with the clear/delete the files option, can't remember exactly what it said now.

Could what's left be the default Guest account that I've heard about. Not noticed it before. But how do I clear this Spanish language stuff? Please?? :confused: