PLEASE HELP ME. Ipod touch screen freezes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by prideh, May 12, 2008.

1. prideh macrumors newbie

Hi you all! I really need help.

I bought ipod touch a few months ago. Its a Ipod Touch 16gb with 1.1.4 firmware. I did jailbreak and everything worked fine. My ipod worked really nice.. 3 ou 4 days ago i had to restore and i did jailbreak again with ziphone 3.0 and everything was great again.. 2 days ago i updated my pc to windows xp service pack 3, and i think that is nothing to do with my problem..

Now the worse.. Yesterday morning ipod was working great, but after lunch the screen started to freeze and became unresponsive to touch for some seconds, and then gets back to normal. I tried even to restore on iTunes but the problem remains.. From times to times (seconds or minutes) the ipod touch gets unresponsive to the touch for some moments.. But the home button and music and everything still playing, just the screen gets unresponsive to the touch.. But just happened yesterday. I didnt install anything new, it didnt fall, nothing happened new :s

Someone has any idea of what can be the problem?? I didnt want to take it to apple store because they will know that i did jailbreak..

This is so strange.. It worked perfectly for months, i dont understand.. I just know that i'm not rich to buy a new one :(

Please help me.. Thanks!

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Can you read me the first 5 digits/letters of your serial number? Well you can always restore it and take it in, they will not have a clue you JB'ed

3. prideh thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

The first 5 are: 1C738

This is really strange. I saw many ipod's with problems, but since the day they were bought.. Mine worked perfectly until yesterday.. :confused:

4. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Ok your ipod is a week 38 which is basically the first ones ever made, my 1st two were week 37's with that EXACT freezing problem. I would take it and get it replaced with a newer model

5. prideh thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks.. I'll will do that.. I just dont know what they will do.. I'm portuguese i'm going to an apple's official agent.. They will propably keep it a few days to see whats the problem right? They wont give a new one just like that i think so..

Well lets hope they dont find that i did JB.. If they do i dont have money right now to buy a new one :(

6. Eärendil Guest

way too stupid question im about to ask:

My serial number starts with 9C809 Its a 32Gb one.

What does that mean? weel 809? week 80?

7. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

By the convention of the above post, it means week 9 of 2008.

Mine's an 1B805, which would be week 5 of 2008.

Mike

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The third number represents the year (8 = 2008), 4th and 5th numbers represent the week.

Mine's (a replacement as my old one had problems) a 2008 week 16, built only a couple weeks ago :)