Please Help me!! Itunes not letting me restore Iphone. Blank Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shahenh, Apr 16, 2011.

1. shahenh macrumors newbie

I need major help please.

I was updating my iphone, and it stopped right at the end with an error. error 14. I got to the point where my phone only had the apple logo on it with an load bar. it loaded till about 20% then the error came on.

And then, my phone had another picture on it. It had a picture of the white USB cord wit an arrow pointing at the itunes logo. My phone won't even turn back on.

I tried to restore it, i pressed the restore button and it said "everything will be erased, then itunes will update the phone with the newest OS software, and then will be able to restore all the data."

Since there is always an error when i try to update the new software, the restore won't work either because it tries to update to the new software before restoring my backup file.

Is there a way to restore my back up file without having to update the new software?!?!

Please help me, i need it bad.

Anything is much appreciated.

2. southsecurities macrumors newbie

same problem

funny that two days ago did the same thing
    10 months and no problems
    I did an update and my phone turned into the great black screen of terror
    I took it back to an Apple shop and they replaced iphone, but went back today and got that one replaced, am at home at the moment but the phone will not seem to sync, it works fine but there is something going on.
    The Apple guy told me I was the only user he has ever seen with these symptoms. I guess now theres two
    Take the phone back to Apple, they are very good with customer support, they will probulary swap it for a new one and I would delete the itunes on computer and start again.
    you will loose info if you havent backed up data, but it might be the only way.

3. shahenh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,

I'm actually going today to see what they can do.

I am not under warranty or anything like that or do not have insurance. Will this effect my ability for apple to replace my phone for free?

it has worked perfectly up until now. I really don't get it.

4. southsecurities macrumors newbie

Just got mine fixed
    Reboot device
    Hold down power button and home button for 10 sec
    Phone should do a hard reboot

Erase iTunes from computer as below
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923?viewlocale=en_US

Reinstall iPhone as a new phone

I just did this and all works and syncs now

I think the iTunes on the computer was corrupted