Please help me organize my files!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by malibuboats91, May 5, 2013.

1. malibuboats91, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

malibuboats91 macrumors regular

Hey everyone I own a MacBook aluminum from late 2008 with the 2 GHz processor, 4 GB of memory, 160GB hard drive and I'm running OS X 10.8.3. I've been having issues with my files not staying in order. I will arranged them by name then the next time I go in the folder they are all over the place. Is this normal? If not, do you know of a solution? Also, I've been noticing that it is asking me to give permission every time I delete anything out of the downloads folder or off the desktop. I'm not sure what is going on. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. tug macrumors 6502

if you go into finder/your hdd/users/ right click on folder- get info. then check to see what permissions you have, to stop getting the permissions dialogue you need it to be read and write. im guessing that yours might be just read only.

for the folder misplacement problem this is a bug in m/l. i have the same problem as do thousands of other mac users.

3. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

You have to adjust the finder window preferences.

4. malibuboats91 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies! I fixed the permission issue, but the folder one I haven't found a solution to. It is very annoying

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

So if you open a folder or your HDD then go to the View Menu and Show View Options Always open in Column view then arrange by name it doesn't stay?

6. malibuboats91 thread starter macrumors regular

It will stay arranged for awhile then next time I go in there they will be randomly placed all over.