PLEASE HELP ME: Problems in importing mini DVD into iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by peterbi, Dec 29, 2008.

1. peterbi macrumors newbie

Dear forum subscribers, I am a newcomer,

After having faced the frustration of the MAC inability to read mini-DVD, buying an external disk-drive, I had to handle a new boring issue

I have produced some mini-DVDs by using a digital video-camera SONY DVD205E

The issue is that when I import those mini-DVD into iMovie, the original sequence of the clips is unexpectedly randomly changed

Is there anybody that can give me some hint / advice to come over this problem?

Those video are the souvenir of my wonderful holidays in west US with my family and I would appreciate very much if some of you could give me an hand to fix it out

Many thanks in advance

/Peter

2. -DH macrumors 65816

How are you importing the clips from the VD into iMovie?

-DH

PS; it isn't Mac's inability to work with Mini-DVD discs, it's slot-loading DVD drives on ANY system. Tray loading DVD drives in Macs can handle them perfectly well.

3. peterbi thread starter macrumors newbie

Problems in importing VD into iMovie

ANSWER:

Thanks DH for your interest into my frustrating issue

To answer to your question, YES, I am regularly importing my clips directly from the mini-DVDs (by using an external DVD player) into iMovie 08 and there's no way at all to preserve the original sequence of my video clips.

My idea is that probably the SONY Digital Camera I am using, given that is not listed in the apple compatible cameras, probably is coding my video in a format which is not right interpreted by iMovie 08...any hints to fix it out?

PPS: About your PS I agree with you, but the real point is, why Apple decided to put in a Macbook which is certainly not a cheap laptop, a slot-loading DVD drive?

/Peter