Please help me resolve my future problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dwa2011, Mar 31, 2012.

1. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

So here is the deal, I got the iPhone 4S right when it came out. I am on a 20 month contract with VZW. My previous plan had unlimited data so when I renewed the plan and got my 4S, I had unlimited data. So this is where my question begins: what is the cheapest way for me to purchase the iPhone "5" when it comes out, but stay on the plan I am currently on? Any response would be beneficial.

Thanks guys!!! :)

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Your gonna have to just buy one outright. Prob will cost you $600+ but at least you can sell your 4s

----------

I have a 4s and an upgrade eligible right now :D

3. dwa2011 thread starter macrumors regular

dwa2011

GAH! lucky. lol. how did you do that? i am just curious.
    thanks btw for the help!

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I pay for two phones and data plans. I also think ahead a lot. When we were buying our last phones I signed my wife up for a one year contract for an extra $70 (or whatever) since they still offered it. I signed myself up for a,2-year. Now, we are up for a new phone once a year between the two of us :D. It was pretty much the plan all along!!!

5. dwa2011 thread starter macrumors regular

dwa2011

haha. thats awesome! and it sounds like that maybe be cheaper to do in the future anyway. thanks for the help man!

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I plan to buy mine from the local apple store nearest to me in the Uk.

I prefer to buy mine outright as i don't choose to be locked into lengthy contracts.

I put a lump sum of cash into a high interest bank account which is sitting there gaining interest to pay for my next iPhone.

Forward thinking and planning ;)

I won't be selling my iPhone 4 as my daughter has her eye on it...lol