Please help me...several problems with iPhone...

Alistair1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Norbiton, Greater London, UK
OK so I had an unlocked 1.0.2 on Orange here in the Uk and saw the modmyiphone guide to upgrade to 1.1.1. I followed the instructions until the point where iTunes should recognise my phone as new and ask if I want to backup etc; this did not happen and it just synced as usual so I guessed the process had not worked. However due to being at the stage I was the phone was not working as a phone so I re-installed Unlock.app through cyberduck, let that do its business and then had my phone back to normal.

However next time I plugged my phone in, iTunes says I need to restore the firmware and it shows the 300mb problem. I clicked restore and selected the 1.0.2 firmware I had previously downloaded, this appeared to download but nothing else happened.

Also, cyberduck is connecting but no longer transfering files to my iPhone and Terminal will disconnect whenever I try the 1.1.1 upgrade.

I'm a bit out of my depth here and really starting to panic :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Alistar

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
if you do a search for "iPhone Software Updates" on your computer, you should find a file called: "iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw" I believe this should be the file you are trying to restore your iphone with. When I first downloaded this file from a off-Apple-site, and I had to place it in that "Iphone Software Update" folder and go into itunes.... and it recognized it and did everything fine. I hope this is what you need.
-Ellz

Alistair1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Norbiton, Greater London, UK
Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid I've tried this a few time. I put the file into the 'iPhoe software updates' folder and tried again. As before there was a progress bar in iTunes says 'Extracting software' but when this completed nothing else happens. :confused:

Basically, I have 1.0.2 software and my modem firmware is 03.14.08_G (don't know if that will help) and my phone has the 300mb problem as reported by a few others.

Any more suggestions?

Alistair

*EDIT* I solved the problem by SSH via cyberduck and then re-naming var/root/media to var/root/media old.
This then allowed be to restore to 1.0.2 and unlock again using the modmyiphone guide.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid I've tried this a few time. I put the file into the 'iPhoe software updates' folder and tried again. As before there was a progress bar in iTunes says 'Extracting software' but when this completed nothing else happens. :confused:

Basically, I have 1.0.2 software and my modem firmware is 03.14.08_G (don't know if that will help) and my phone has the 300mb problem as reported by a few others.

Any more suggestions?

Alistair

*EDIT* I solved the problem by SSH via cyberduck and then re-naming var/root/media to var/root/media old.
This then allowed be to restore to 1.0.2 and unlock again using the modmyiphone guide.
Wow. I would have never guessed to do it that way.. Glad you figured it out!
Cheers!