Please Help me to get my sprint iPhone 6 plus unlocked!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mohdnasser, Nov 17, 2014.

1. mohdnasser macrumors newbie

Hello.

I bought Iphone 6 plus from sprint fully paid without contract clean IMEI through third party so I don't have the receipt. I took it with me outside US thinking that it will work unlocked since it is fully paid but I was surprised that it is not. I contacted sprint , said to wait for 90 days for unlock as part of their policy.

I have no problem using it for sprint in US but what about international use? I am in a place that it not covered by sprint roaming service and they know about it. What do they want me to do? buy new one? Still refusing to unlock it for unless I have 90 days with them. Totally unfair

Now I need to unlock it even through third part since I need it urgently. Is there someone trusted who can unlock it for sure? I contacted so many websites some of them seems untrusted.

If there is anyone from you have tried one and succeeded please let me know I am waiting for your answers.

Regards

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

That is Sprint's policy. Unfortunately, there isnt much you can do right now. You can try online unlocking services but they arent cheap/reliable. Maybe someone else can suggest one they have used.

Return it for a refund and buy the unlocked one (TMo or Verizon)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its your mistake assuming it will just work outside the US with any gsm carrier. it will not.
    Sell it and next time get an unlocked one.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Why would you pay full price and ASSUME it was fully unlocked?

All you had to do was check Sprint's unlock policy. THEY NEVER UNLOCK domestically and ONLY if you meet the requirements internationally.

I have no idea where you can get an international unlock, but I know you will NEVER get a domestic unlock.

I don't get people! Sprint has been screwing the customer with this draconian unlock policy since 2011 and STILL people ask about unlocking Sprint phones!

Sorry OP, but you're screwed. Even if you find a legit international unlock site you're going to get hit hard with the price. The last I recall it was $100-150 with a wait.

For something Sprint charges you $0 for if you meet the requirements.

P.S. OP. I doesn't matter if you have the receipt. You could be a US citizen and buy full price in an Apple store or a Sprint store. SPRINT WILL NOT UNLOCK FOR DOMESTIC USE EVER. And ONLY for international use if you meet the requirements. A receipt is IRRELEVANT to anything.

5. mohdnasser thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for the reply.

I just want to use it while I am abroad. I am happy to use it with sprint in US.
    How Can I use it abroad and it is not even have service there as it is not covered by their roaming service here.

I will see what I can do with it.

If there are any recommendations regarding this matter please share it.

Regards

6. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Several members have already shared their recommendations regarding this matter.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Unfortunately, you're stuck. There are no recommendations anyone can provide to change the situation.

Only recommendation I can give is to sell that phone to another Sprint customer and port out of Sprint at your earliest opportunity. See if T-Mobile coverage is good for you, and buy one of their iPhones at full price (full price at the Apple store = unlocked).

9. mohdnasser thread starter macrumors newbie

very sad to hear that :(

Anyway Thanks very much for help

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I don't understand why it won't work internationally. It's a WORLD PHONE. It should only be locked domestically. Call back and ask for their "International CS Dept. and ask for them to unlock it for use outside the U.S.

I've been with Sprint for a gazillion years. Data, for me, is useless. I'm getting out for good once I acquire a 6/6+. I would never go back to Sprint. Voice calls is awesome; it's what kept me as a customer. I do a lot of jabbing. :p

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Because Sprint's policy is for a customer to have a minimum of 90 days with them on an active line.

Only Sprint can submit an international unlock request to Apple's unlock database. And Sprint will only do that if you meet the requirements.

12. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

So if i have an ATT iphone 6 plus is that one easier to unlock than the sprint version?

if so someone guide me to the unlocked holy land of god.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, as long as you pay you can purchase an IMEI unlock for it.

----------

I'll explain you why.
    Because that's their rules. Its a world phone but its crippled by Sprint that locks all their iphones this way. Sprint CS will not unlock any iphones for non existing customers.

14. mohdnasser thread starter macrumors newbie

If I got it for full price and I am willing to be one of their customers why do I need to wait 90 days to unlock? OK I can wait but what I shall do in a place in which there is no roaming service by sprint?

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sprint is the ONLY carrier that pairs their SIM cards with the phone for domestic use. In order to get service you MUST have the SIM card that the phone is paired to. If the phone hardware detects a mismatch with the ICCID on the SIM card then the phone will not be useable.

AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile do not do this. At least with LTE capable phones anyway. All it takes is submitting the IMEI to Apple's unlock database for phones from those carriers.

Not Sprint.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know why but that's their rules.
    And you have no choice but to play by those rules when you buy a device locked to them.
    That's why it would be a better idea next time when you pay full price to get a device that you can do whatever you want with it and use it on any carrier you want.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Because that's what Sprint requires.

If you want it unlocked internationally then you either meet their policy or find some other more expensive and harder route to do it.

Maybe you don't like Sprint's policy. I don't. But it's their policy. They can set whatever policy they want (within legal parameters). If you don't like the policy, don't use or purchase a Sprint phone.

What they are doing is not illegal. Annoying yes, but not illegal.

18. mohdnasser thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems nothing I can do for the time being.

what about 3rd party unlock services? any reliable trustable websites? price does not matter as much as honesty and relaibility.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not illegal yet:D
    Im sure this will change soon in 2015 and they will not be able hold hostage and keep peoples devices locked when paid in full or when they're out of contract.
    Im surprised the government allowed them to pull this bs for all these years while every other carrier had legit unlock procedures even for domestic use but not Sprint.
    They're "special" :D

20. bindido macrumors newbie

https://www.iphoneunlockguys.com
    Trusted , expensive , 10 days of waiting , 3 iphones 6 and plus they unlocked for international use its unlocked now .
    Good luck

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…

They're pulling this crap right now by claiming "technical issues". They rewrote the unlock policy in June or July because they knew this was coming. Additionally, it's Sprint that required the devices to be designed this way. If you want to sell a phone to work on Sprint, that's their requirement. Make it technically impossible to unlock. Sprint never seems to acknowledge that LITTLE fact though. :D

You've heard me say it before that I think they will find a way around this and I'm betting that it's "technical issues" again. If you "can't" unlock a phone because it's "technically" not possible then it doesn't matter what the law says or what agreement you have.

Do I think Sprint will get very far with that argument? No, they'll get sued.

But one thing about Sprint that outsiders never seem to realize is that Sprint has a team of lawyers that are VERY, VERY good at the BS legalese they write in the fine print of everything. It's extremely difficult and expensive to beat Sprint. You can. It's been done. One guy did it, but it cost him big. But he was rich and had time on his hands. Most of us don't have either.

Look at the lawsuit over the Premium data fee. That went nowhere because Sprint's lawyers buried it. What happened to all the lawsuits by local carriers over Sprint's merger with Nextel and it's violation of Sprint's agreements with them? Well, Sprint bought them all out. End of lawsuits.

It's the ONE thing Sprint can always seem to get right! :(

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but that is not something they can BS their way out of.
    There is no technical limitation, every other carrier in the world can unlock their iphones by submitting a request to Apple.
    If they lie then that could also bring Apple into this mess on why is it "technically" impossible to unlock this one carriers devices but they can with hundreds of other providers they partner with worldwide.
    So I doubt this nonsense will continue for much longer.

23. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I hear you and maybe it's just me being gun shy about it. But as a 15 year customer I'm quite used to having the rug yanked out from under me by now.

Sprint always has alternatives. One I can think of is termination of service after unlocking and blocking of IMEIs from Sprint.

In other words, they unlock your phone, cut you off and anyone who ever tries to use that phone on Sprint ever again will find it blocked. How legal any of that would be, IDK.

But United Parcel Service does something similar. If you are an hourly employee who quits UPS will put your SSN in a database they have so that no UPS facility or employee can ever hire you again. It's blacklisting and UPS can get away with it and does.

24. mohdnasser thread starter macrumors newbie

135 $ but the issue that I am looking for a review about it and a lot of customers were complaining about it. I don't want put those money on uncertain website. It is really a headache , too many websites and you don't know which one is the good one!!!

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    Its funny how you bring that up about UPS.
    They told me the same thing, if you quit we will never hire you again.
    I was 100% fine with it, they're not the only company to work out there and you'd be way better off working elsewhere bud. Dont sweat it:D