Please help me, Upgraded ram problems.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wildthing1994, Dec 18, 2007.

1. wildthing1994 macrumors member

wildthing1994

Hello, Today I got a 4 gb ram kit for my Macbook pro. I installed it and everything was working great and my macbook pro ran fine. Than I a few hours later I went to play C&C Tiberium Wars, and I got the message you need to turn off your computer with a black screen. Than I restarted and got a white screen, and it stayed that way until i restarted it a second time, and the whole process started over again. My macbook pro works with the 2 x 2gb sticks, and in the system profile it shows the 4 gb of ram, but it kept crashing when ever I got into something more intense.

I've put the 2 x 1 gb sticks back in the C&C runs fine. My question is is the 2 x 2 gb sticks no good? The ram is transcend I got it off of CanadianRAM web site.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sounds like bad RAM. Call them up and swap them out.

3. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I second the bad ram. Try doing the same things one 2gb stick at a time, and you can narrow it down to which stick is bad.

4. wildthing1994 thread starter macrumors member

wildthing1994

Thank guys, for the input, I called up Canadian Ram, the guys were really nice, and asked me to run a hardware check, and it turns out that the ram is the issue. They're shipping me new ram. All I need to do is ship the defective ram back once I get the new sticks in. Thanks again much appreciated.