Please help me with an activation question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chfenton, Sep 18, 2014.

1. chfenton macrumors newbie

So I have 3 units coming on Friday all for AT&T. Two apple store and one direct from AT&T. All 3 upgrades using next. Do I need to activate each with the line it was assigned to? In other words I might decide I don't want the plus so want to switch it with my sons 4.7.

Do we activate each with the new sims that I assume come in each and then switch them later if we decide to switch phones or can we just choose which one we each want and then change sims prior to activating?. Or do we even need the new sims as opposed to just putting in our current ones into the units we each decide on and then activate?
    Thanks in advance.

2. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Make sure before you activate your new phone you get clarification as to whether you turn off find my iphone on the phone you are deactivating. I know there is an issue with that.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Even though you said you have 3 upgraded, you should call AT&T before you activate. They can activate it for you. This is like doing a cross-over upgrade where you use your line 2 upgrade for your line 1. But once you receive the line 2 phone, you immediately call AT&T and activate it with your line 1.

4. chfenton thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replies so far, I get calling would work just trying to understand if even need to do that. Right now I change between my gold and slate grey 5s's and a droid like I change underwear. Just pop sim into whatever phone I want.

Thinking this through for our new 6's and 6 plus, wouldn't it be easiest to just activate as they came assigned, wait an hour and then switch them however we want? Any downside other than having the correct apps/photos/music etc on each phone.