Please Help Me with authorizing my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Greenboy555, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Greenboy555 macrumors newbie

Please help. I was given an iPod Touch around a month ago. I bought the 3.0 software almost immediatly. After a while, I noticed all my purchased songs would not play. Specifically, they would play, but no sound would come out, either with or without speakers. BUt the next song I play, one from a ripped CD, would play no problem. After that, I noticed that the apps I bought (all free, for example, yahoo messanger) wouldn't work either. I'd open them, and they'd close half a second after being opened.
    I assume there's some way to authorize my iPod to recognize my own purchases, but I can't figure out. THank you, will be checking back soon.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Quickest fix with the least fuss is to go to the Applications tab while the iPod is connected, under Sync Selected Applications, un-check one app, sync, then re-enable the syncing of the previously removed app. This should reauthorize all your content on the iPod to your iTunes account.

3. Greenboy555 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, here's the problem. I did that, and it didn't work. Tried deleting the app, and redownloading it, and that didn't fix my problem either. I don't know what else to do... help?

P.S. Thanks for the prompt reply

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can also try going to the Settings->Store screen, signing out, and then back in with your AppleID.