Please help me with iCloud Drive - very frustrated

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by kliq, Sep 17, 2014.

1. kliq macrumors newbie

I upgraded to the 200GB iCloud Drive storage option a few days ago and I am not a happy camper!

Two important questions

1) I set up iCloud Drive on my phone ... now what? I can't access any of my files. When I go to iCloud.com it keeps telling me to "set up iCloud on this device" option which just takes me to Apple's website and gives me instructions on how to set up - all of which I've done. I just want to be able to actually view my files on my drive with my phone which has iOS 8.

2) Where are the files stored? I put 30 gigs into my iCloud Drive folder on my Macbook (with Yosemite) and it ended up using local storage. I thought the whole point of the iCLOUD drive was that the files would sit in a cloud, therefore allowing me to save space on my computer?

THANKS in advance :)

2. soulsyphon macrumors regular

icloud drive app is not available for iOS 8 so far...maybe its delayed... maybe someone has to write an app, who knows at this point.

however it works like dropbox on windows, osx yosemite and icloud.com

you have to go in your phone under icloud and enable icloud drive... but since theres no app on the phone for it its kind of pointless atm

click this thread for more info
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1781518