Please help me with iPhone/Bluetooth Priority

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cipher29, Dec 17, 2015.

1. cipher29 macrumors regular

Hey All ..

This is something can annoys the hell out of me, but I just can't find a solution.

Currently I have my iPhone 6 Plus paired with my car, as well as a bluetooth headset. If I take a call on my headset, then get into my car, my car will always steal the call away from my headset...

In fact, if I'm in my car and dial a number, but select my headset as the audio device, as soon as the phone rings, the car will steal the connection away. If I select it back to my headset, the car will steal it away again as soon as the person answers the call.

This is infuriating... Why can't my phone have a setting somewhere that just lets me keep the audio device that I've selected to use? Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Is there any way that I can change my bluetooth priority? Why does my phone love my car more than everything else?

I know under accessibility there is a setting to go from Automatic to Connected Headset as the audio device, but even with this set, my car steals the connection away constantly..

This has a huge impact to my day to day usage as the audio quality for bluetooth in my car is terrible, but I still like to use the Bluetooth Audio component of the BT connection in my car.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated..

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Good question. My car has an option to use the b/t connection as an audio device only. Can you do that or is it all or nothing?

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

There are some things that Apple simply has not provided a way to do.

You will have to stay infuriated unless you are willing to kill the BT in your car.

4. cipher29 thread starter macrumors regular

I can, but my car seems to lose that setting as soon as I shut it off and turn it back on lol ...