PLEASE help me with my 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gigemzach, Mar 27, 2011.

1. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Okay, so today I signed up for one of AT&T's post-paid plans. I went through the whole activation process. My iPad then recognized it's new phone number and so I was like cool I'm set. When I tried to use the service it could not activate cellular data, so I called AT&T. While on the phone with one of their reps the 3G icon went away. There was no internet at all, even in the area to sign up for the pre-paid plan. After spending over an hour and a half on the phone I am beyond explanations and have yet for this to be resolved. We have done a master reset and everything. Before getting this plan I know that the 3G worked on the iPad because of the pre-paid plan sign up window. It wasn't until signing up for the pre-paid plan that the 3G icon has gone away. No one at AT&T knows what happened. They tell me it's the network and to drive to another tower. I did and nope. I know that the device works due to the pre-paid plan window working. Any ideas??? I'm so frustrated :mad:

2. Ebes1099 macrumors member

Drive to another tower!? They actually told you that? Quite the troubleshooters over there.

Anyway, I can't help you, hope you figure it out soon.

3. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Wait what? They told you to drive to another tower and you did?

LOL!?

My iPad had this problem when I got the post-paid account from ATT. A simple reset networks fixed the problem.

and you sure the sim card is in it?

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Drive to another tower...LOL. I'd take it to ATT if you can't get it worked out.

5. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

I know! I thought the same thing. Apparently there are 3 critical trouble tickets for the tower I connect to. One being that a node is completely out and that 'could' be affecting me. When asked when these will be cleared out she said they have no finish date as they haven't even been picked up yet. The tickets are almost a month old.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Where do you live? The middle of no where? I'd go to AT&T, tell them your problems and try to get them to give you a free microcell.

Mel

7. frenzo142 macrumors member

I had this problem last week. And I live in a major city with excellent AT&T coverage on my iPhone. I refused to be tied up with a faceless voice on the phone, so I drove out to closest AT&T store and got it fixed up within 15 minutes. It appears there was a problem with the SIM card I had and they replaced it promptly.

8. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I might try this after school.

9. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

So I went to the AT&T store. New sim card and now everything works. Kind of mad I wasted 3 hours on the phone with incompetent people. :D