Please Help me with my MIDI Controller!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by rocknpop, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rocknpop macrumors member

Guys,

I have tried everything... My MacBook does not see my BCF2000... can you please help? It's plugged and connected but I cannot see it in the MIDI set up

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

The thing might be dead, who knows. You are going to have to swap stuff around and see if the problem follows the unit or not.

What happens if you connect the BCF2000's five-pin MIDI connectors to a 1x1 midi/usb interface? Does the activity LED on the interface flicker when you move a slider?

Does the BCF2000 show up as a USB device inside System Profilers (from About This Mac on the Apple pull down)

You have tried different USB cabes and going direct to the computer without a hub.

Well you did say you tried "everything". So I guess that would include my suggestions

3. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Chris, I figured it out... I had to go into Global Edit but the manual is out dated and EDIT + STORE does not take you there... you have to press and hold an emulation setting and THEN turn the leftmost knob to U-1 and then it will be activated as a USB controller. Wow... it took me 24 hours to figure out.