Please help me with setting up TC as router with windows PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lisamel, Dec 21, 2009.

1. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi!

I'm trying to connect to the internet wirelessly but no networks show up. I have a new 2TB Time Capsule, and have 4 Macs working perfectly with it. We also have a Windows PC which doesnt.

I have tried to update it with SP3, but still nothing shows up when searching for wireless network.

I also tried to get the WPA2 hotfix thing, but I cant find it in my language (norwegian/norsk bokmål) so it wouldnt let me install it.

Is there something I'm missing? I've tried to search the forums and tried what the threads suggest but something must be wrong.. Should I post photos of the router's settings? Or is that not a good idea?..

I would really like to get this done as quickly as possible as someone would like to use it before christmas :)

Thank you :)

2. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

The wireless card in the Windows PC is a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.C) by the way. I am trying to find an updated firmware but its discontinued so I dont know if I can..

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

to my knowledge there should be no special setup required. The only thing that I can think of is that you have set the router to be only on N speed and your windows machine doesn't support that due to an older wifi card. Try going into airport utility and seeing if you need to change the speed

4. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

Thanks! Its quite strange how its not working at all.. Maybe its the wifi card.. I'm trying to get a new driver but not sure how to do it? :)

5. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

So I tried to change the speed thing, and the windows pc found the network and managed to log on.. But then the macs would stay on the network. So I just reverted the changes and thinking that we should just buy a new network card..