iPhone please help me with this

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vaspatrick, Nov 24, 2014.

1. vaspatrick macrumors newbie

Okay so i have this iphone 3g that i must fix somehow. i dont know why, but i tried upgrading the firmware trough itunes and it didnt work. im not sure if the phone is jailbroken already or not, but it is now.

so i downloaded firmware (it's the right firmware) ios 4,2,1 for iphone 3g. i installed redsn0w and everything goes smooth, but when my iphone turns on, its still on that sim activation screen and theres no way to turn it on. any sim i put its the same.

i also tried checking "deactivate" option on red snow, didnt do anything to.

when i connect to itunes it says something like sim is not supported or something.

is there any way to fix this? i literally tried installing the system trough red snow like 5 times and its still the same. tried different option, firmwares, all the same thing, i get stuck on sim activation thing.

any help please?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. vaspatrick thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your reply, but i did all that in redsn0w. i cannot unlock it because i cannot enter cydia because it only shows that sim activation screen? and i cant do anything, just emergency call.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As I stated already, you need to use Redsn0w to hacktivate it !

5. vaspatrick thread starter macrumors newbie

But how can i do that?

because i did this

http://www.hackthatphone.com/3x/r_3_0_1_3g_page2.html

it's all good and then it boots and i still get that activation screen =/

it looks like this
    [​IMG]

and i can only slide for emergency call. when i remove sim, its the same.

6. vaspatrick thread starter macrumors newbie

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you follow the link in my previous post ?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Most likely its baseband is in inconsistent state if he was using the ipad baseband to unlock and restored or updated to stock ios. And needs to be flashed to allow the phone to activate with a sim and then use redsnow to downgrade the baseband to a one compatible with ultrasnow.
    Takes lots of steps and work and tools involved so if you're not that knowledgeable on the topic I'd suggest you bring it to someone who does.