Please help me!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marbles97, Jun 26, 2012.

1. marbles97 macrumors newbie

please help me!i have an ipod touch 4 and not while ago it fell on floor but not from a big height it just hit a little bit on the back panel and after that the screen turned white!i turned voiceover on so i can see what im doing,i don't know what kind of screen problem is that or is it shattered how much will the repair cost!i will upload the pic but it's not the white screen of dead i can still do stuff on it!

Attached Files:

2. Dark Dragon macrumors member

Have you..oh no!

Have you tried hard resetting?( holding both home and power buttons until it reboots" or even powering it off then on again?, if these didnt work, i think you should just get it to an apple store to fix it.:(

3. marbles97 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes,i tried it several times!and i brought it to a store to fix it but since i dont have warranty i have to go to a private service and i dont know if its gonna cost too much or the lcd just deattached which i hope happened 'cause it didnt hit hard just on the back :(:(

4. mac-n-sauce macrumors regular

Unfortunately, your screen is probably dead. Screens are around $30 US but the repair is complicated. Would cost around $80-$100

Does it still connect to iTunes?

5. Dark Dragon macrumors member

He said that it still works and can do actions, i think it can connect to iTunes?

6. marbles97 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes,i can still do everything but can't see i can play music or games but the screen is always white

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That white screen looks dead to me, as posted, the screens are not that expensive, but the repair is fiddly....Take it to an Apple store, even without warranty they will give you an honest opinion on repair.

8. Dark Dragon macrumors member

Yup, your right!, this is unfortunately the only way to fix it.