please help me

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SMkdesigns, Mar 25, 2009.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

my macbook aluminum unibody keyboard does not work at all i was not able to log into my computer at all, until i went to mejir and bought a usb wireless keyboard and mouse setup.

I took to the apple store i didnt have time to waste, except i helped a old lady program a bluetooth headset and sold her a case for her laptop lol.

But i got this loser guy at the genius bar looked my age 21 and was like i can figure it out looks like accidental damage and will cost you 650. I was like bulshit because i had to rush to school called customer relations and they are taking care of the matter without the accident damage ****.

However my computer is working fine because i could log in with this usb b bluetooth keyboard. However my laptop keyboard does not function at all nothing not a key

any ideas laptop is like 4 5 months old

2. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Damn. Im sorry to hear that... usually what I hear about Apple's customer support is not good. Try again tomorrow and go to the Apple Store maybe youll get better support this time with a different sales person.

Hopefully this wont happen to mine.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Using the external keyboard, did you try resetting the SMC? (If that's possible)

Also, if you go Via the Apple menu at the top of the menu bar Apple-->About this mac-->More Info-->USB (Under Hardware)-->USB Bus (the 2nd one most likely); is there an entry for "Apple Internal Keyboard/Trackpad"? If not, then somehow the driver got lost, and you can probably reinstall it via the Leopard Setup Disc.

4. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

is the smc taking on the battery and holding down the power button if so i tried that.

i need something more intense.

please help me guys what do you think. maybe delete keygboard firmware or keyboard file or something

5. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad:

Product ID: 0x0236
    Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
    Version: 0.77
    Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Apple, Inc.
    Location ID: 0x04600000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 40

there is

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yeah, that's the SMC reset... =\

The other thing you can try is resetting the PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US

7. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

i was thinking deleting a keyboard firmware file or something then reinstalling ill try the other method you suggested now

8. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Installing a mouse and keyboard might have had caused it... I dont know just a thought.

Edit: What keyboard did you install and what software did it come with that you installed on the Mac or it installed itself automatically?

If you are using SideTrack.... do the following

Delete the following from the directories.... then restart you Mac.

/System/Library/Extensions/SideTra ck.kext
    /Library/PreferencePanes/SideTrack .prefPane
    /Library/StartupItems/SideTrack

9. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

no i did this because i could not log into my computer because the keyboard

10. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Oh. Does the Keyboard come up when you go to "About this Mac"

Should be under the USB

Edit: Nevermind... seems like it does after looking at your previous post.

Edit2: Try this as suggested above...

Reset the PRAM (hold openapple, control, p, r directly after reboot)

This is actually caused after you wake your computer from sleep. Normally a restart would fix it but if not, try the PRAM reset as I stated above.

Edit3: Also... if you havent already, there's an update to fix this issue. Im sure you have downloaded it already if you had an automatic update. If not, heres the link.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/MacBook__MacBook_Pro_Software_Update_1_1

11. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yea i cant try the option pr thing anyways i did but my keyboard does not work so it does nothing. i cant even run a hardware test off the apple disk because my use b bluetooth keyboard does not turn on fast enough for me to hold alt or c.

im just in a rut errrrrr'

i am so thankful for the awsome help and fast response i have been getting tho.

thanks guys

12. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Try the update link I gave on my previous post. Using your bluetooth keyboard of course.

13. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Do you have a USB wired keyboard laying around?