Please help me..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dcm60, Mar 28, 2010.

1. dcm60 macrumors newbie

hai all..
    just want some opinion from u all. Im thinking to buy Mac. For your information, i want this Mac for my photographer editing job, but i'm a new beginner in this Mac knowledge. Yesterday i went to Lowyat and found a seconhand Mac, i think iBook that the price is RM1999. So, is that better if i buy?? or any suggestion where can i survey more...?? please help me :confused:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's a rip off, that's 450€ for a four to ten year old machine.

Also the iBook is quite outdated for current photography editing work, especially if you shoot RAW.

I have an iBook, and while it is capable of many thinks, editing 12MP RAW photos is not really "fun" to do on it.

You have to be more specific and descriptive what your budget and especially what your needs are.

Even though some might get tired of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG]button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

PS: An overview of "all" Macs, so you can narrow down what Mac you meant.
    And last but not least: www.apple.com/mac + http://store.apple.com/my - with Malaysian prices

3. dcm60 thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh thanks for the info..
    for my wedding job, i just use RAW file..so now i must have mac book pro..
    if secondhand mac book pro around RM3k, is that possible?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Again you should probably post what the specs are for the RM3000 that your paying. If it's a for a 4 year old MacBook Pro, I'd say not really worth it.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The OP said it was an iBook in the original post.

6. dcm60 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm i forgot about the specs..
    may i know...what is the best or usually specs for mac book pro for me to buy it?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes, but then the OP posted about the MacBook Pro for RM3000 which is why I asked about the specs.

The newer the better; you can get a pretty good computer for that amount if you look around and strike lucky, or you may end up with a mediocre, but still good computer.

8. dcm60 thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh..u mean, the newer of the secondhand mac book pro???