Please Help! (microsoft simulator x)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by olliestockton, Apr 14, 2008.

1. olliestockton macrumors member

So i've got microsoft simulator x about a year ago, and i want to install it on my mac, when i insert the disk only program files come up, i think its compatible, but how do you make it install?

2. scr1968 macrumors regular

Are you running Bootcamp with Windows or Parallels or something along those lines? If program files are coming up you are trying to install the Windows version it sounds like.

SCR

3. olliestockton thread starter macrumors member

I think its windows version, is there anyway to install it?

4. olliestockton thread starter macrumors member

I've looked in all the program files and tried to load some of the set ups but i'm not getting any luck with it.

Is there some kind of program or way around it so i can install it?

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

on OS X? no.

on Windows through Boot Camp, Fusion etc. Yes.

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

It's more complicated than that. If Darwine supported all of that stuff (at least in Tiger, :apple:'s X11 was broken or something) you might at a reduced framerate. I don't know about Leopard.

@ollie: If you haven't heard of Wine or Darwine, they are pains in the neck that take forever to setup and not work. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, I'd count them out as an option.

7. dpotent macrumors newbie

Mac download..

yeah, i have a :apple: macbook and i tried it to and really i can't do it e not compatible.