PLEASE HELP! Moving files to MAC

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by turner.sn, Dec 13, 2007.

1. turner.sn macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am NEW to this forum and to Macs really. I have an ipod touch which I synced with my Sony PC and got all of my pics and some music. Well like every great PC out there, the hard drive took a dive for the worst and I lost everything. The only way to get those pics back is from my ipod touch.

I am working on getting a MacBook, but right now have a PowerBook G4 with 10.3.9 on it and a fresh itunes.

Any help on how I can recover those photos from my ipod touch would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Just as a note, I don't believe the touch stores the photos at full resolution, only at a resolution suitable for displaying on the screen and allowing a bit of zooming. If you want original resolution photos, you'll probably have use data-recovery software/service to get them off your old drive.

3. turner.sn thread starter macrumors newbie

4. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Any song will be there in regular MP3 or ACC or pretty much whatever you had it encoded in, it is just a matter of getting them off, which unfortunately I am unsure of how to do, but am reasonably sure can be done with the amount of hacking going on.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

There's a $10 program for the Mac called iPhoneDrive that allows you to copy files both to and from your iPod touch/iPhone. It's useful.