Please Help MS Word Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umdjb, Nov 4, 2007.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

Here is the situation.

Typing up notes
    Working off jump drive
    Saved repeatedly
    Using MS Office test drive
    Close file then reopen only to find all my work not there.

I an going to the Genius bar today to see what they can do. Does anyone here have any advice?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Working of jump drive, then saving where?

Does MS Office test drive allow you to save?

Have you done a Spotlight search to look for the files on your computer?

3. umdjb thread starter macrumors regular

I am working off the jump drive which is just a portable drive. I am saving my work from that drive. Test drive does allow you to save since I can do it with other files I have worked with. I know where the file is so i dont have to spotlight search it but when I reopen the document the notes I was typing are not there. Is it possible that it saved to another file on my computer somewhere and if so how can restore or find it ?

4. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

Isaint aksed u if u searched using spotlight and u said u aint need to. Then proceed 2 want 2 know if it mightve saved it as a different copy somewhere on ya comp. Uh, if u just searched using spotlight, u could find out.

Not familiar w/particular app but if has an autosave feature it might be happening. Try manually saving it 2 jumpdrive also try saving it as a new file if it doesn't do the trick

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It's entirely possible that it is saving the file in a temporary file location in an MS Office directory. That's why I suggested using Spotlight to search for it by name.