Please Help-My Game is On New and Noteworthy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 4dfrog, Apr 24, 2011.

1. 4dfrog macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Here is my new game Gel Mania, it got released 2 days ago, and yesterday got to the Kids and Family-New and Noteworthy
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gel-mania/id428956733?mt=8
    I like the game and I think it's a simple casual game, but I'm not sure If I'm on the right category and If my marketing plan is correct since I did not get enough downloads.
    I have the game in Kids and Family, I'm thinking about changing it to Family and Arcade??? Or Action and Arcade??
    Also, the app is free but I have the In App Purchase for the Full Version, which give you a lot more as far as the gameplay, themes, in game rewards,Achievements, .... So, My Other question is isn't it better If I include everything in the same version and sell the whole thing for only .99?

PLEASE HELP, SINCE I HAVE THE UPDATE IN REVIEW AND I NEED TO CHANGE THE CATEGORY SOON. Thank you
    It would be great if you can rate this also.

Attached Files:

• iPad.png
      iPad.png
      File size:
      682.4 KB
      Views:
  2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Getting into the Category 'New & Noteworthy' or 'What's Hot' doesn't effect sales at all, pretty much everyone gets a chance to be in it. Only if you get onto the front page 'Staff Favourites', 'New & Noteworthy' or 'What's Hot' does it really help sales.

3. DurnkPorduction macrumors newbie

I don`t think changing categories will help your sales much, the best strategy would be sending interesting press releases to sites, blogs, any kind of media that writes about mac world.
    Example, once we sent an interesting text about one of our apps to an italian app-covering site, thay published the story, and the downloads went up by almost 1000% in the period of next 10,15 days...

4. 4dfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You

Thank you for your helps. Yes, I think I have to do some Press Release. By any chance do you have that Italian site?

5. DurnkPorduction macrumors newbie